Sunday, February 22, 2015

Book Forty-Two - The Woman In White - Part One

I'm loving it so far! I'm highlighting like crazy which is not terribly easy on a Kindle, at least for me. I've Googled but somehow I'm not doing it right and suspect I need a first grader to explain. Anyway, what I've read so far contains lots of those lovely sentences that make me stop and read them again because they're just so true or beautiful or genuine. There is also much foreshadowing which I enjoy because I try, even at the earliest stages, to figure out what the future holds. (My methodology primarily consists of imagining the absolute worst that can possibly happen in these characters' lives.)

The Woman In White was published in 1859 so we're talking Victorians, people! Watch your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment