Thursday, November 3, 2011

Great Expectations The Movie

I saw the 1946 version and it was a nice adaptation. They got pretty close to the heart of the matter. I liked the Miss Havisham. She was so... Miss Havishamish (it's difficult to write much  since I don't want to spoil).

Unfortunately I get distracted when I watch old movies because I'm always looking at the "landscape" to see if anything moves. It's mostly painted - nice painting, but painting nonetheless. I also look at everyone's hair and figure out whose hair is real. (You'd be surprised how many aren't.) Any weird things you do? Come on, I can't be the only one.


1 comment:

  1. That's great that you look at the landscape to make sure it moves! I also enjoy old car scenes where it's quite clear that the surrounding landscape is the only thing moving...

    ReplyDelete