Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Count of Monte Cristo - The Movie

I watched the 2002 version and it was - okay. It's difficult to adapt such a long book into a movie, and even though it was somewhat expected I was still disappointed that they added sex and much more buckling of swashes than in the book. The guy who played Villefort was Forney in Where The Heart Is, so that was kinda cool. Bit of a juxtaposition, like seeing the guy who played Edmond in Mansfield Park playing Mr. Elton in Emma.

I know I should have seen the movie before reading the book, but reading the book gave me the interest to see the movie.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the movie first, and I read the book the following year. I was really surprised by the differences. Funny enough, I liked the movie more, since I thought the plot of the book was all over the place. :)

    ReplyDelete