Monday, March 14, 2011

Book Twenty-Two - Mort

I didn't love this one like I loved The Colour Of Magic. I'm not sure why, but I suspect it has something to do with Mort. I never really got a chance to love Mort. He's sorta wishy-washy. And Death - well, I don't usually have a problem with Death as a character. I liked Death in The Book Thief. In this one, too, the personification of Death takes on (or tries to) some human characteristics. Death, in fact, is also a bit wishy-washy. In Death's defense, it must be difficult to be so assiduously avoided by man even though we all know that we will meet Death some day.

There were hilarious bits, and I like Pratchett's somewhat rambling style. Guards! Guards! is next, and I hope I love it like I loved The Colour Of Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment