I'm participating in the meme from The Broke and the Bookish this week. Here's my list -
1. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty MacDonald – bequeathed an upside down house by her pirate husband, she cures the bad habits of neighborhood children. For example, one child refuses to bathe so Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle suggests planting seeds on the child’s skin. Guess what happens when the seeds sprout?
2. The tree in The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. Unconditional love.
3. Elizabeth Bennett in Pride And Prejudice And Zombies. The same Lizzie we all know and love plus she kills zombies! Indeed, when it comes to killing the undead she has no improper pride.
4. Juliet Ashton in The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. She trusts her instincts and goes for what she wants.
5. Charlotte from Charlotte’s Web. Unselfish, practical, loving.
6. Sherlock Holmes – I know he’s like, a druggie and stuff, but he’s just so clever.
7. Matthew from Anne of Green Gables. Impossible not to love this man.
8. The baby bird in Are You My Mother? illustrates the value of persistence.
9. The Wife of Bath is one sassy lady.
10. Julie in Going On Sixteen by Betty Cavanna. She’s a dreamer who finds the courage to do what she must.